Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collect`; version of web browser, IP addresses, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on the Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags or pixels.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email addresses, and phone number.)
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect Personal information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the addresses below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your relevant Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contacts with you and who have agreed to keep your information secure, confidential and to only use it for authorized purposes, as described above.
Your privacy is important to us, which is why it is our policy not to share your personal information with other companies. We will never sell your personal information.
We use suppliers or service providers who we trust to provide services to us and sometimes that involves sharing your relevant information with them. They operate under strict requirements aimed at keeping your personal information secure and confidential and they will only use it for the purpose for which we have sent it to them.
There is a possibility that the Personal Information that we collect for you may have to be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Republic of South Africa (for example, by a third-party data hosting service provider).
We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Using Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information.
You have the right to:
- Ask what personal information we hold about you;
- Ask what information was sent to our suppliers, service provides or any other third party;
- Ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you;
- Unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you;
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
It can take us up to 14 days to respond to your request.
If you want us to delete all personal information we have about you, you will probably have to terminate all agreements you have with us in respect of your Online profile. We cannot maintain our relationship with you without having some of your personal information.
We can refuse to delete your information if we are required by law to retain it or if we need it to protect our rights. We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collect it, unless there is a lawful basis or legal requirement for us to retain your Personal Information for a longer period.
You can request access to the information we hold about you by contacting our call centers.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have any questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lat updated: 18 November 2020
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority.